Thursday, October 8, 2009

The Known-Unknown

We have gone back to the start.

And I don’t know you tonight.

We have gone back being strangers

Detached souls, wandering in different pursuits.

On the horizon I meet him and her

Laughing and chatting I pass the days

At times stroll in sweet shade

At times burn with fiery rage.


Let it rain outside

As I flip through the pages

Of days bright, and nights spent in pain

Of ecstatic hours, making love in the rain

Or that song we had composed in the meadow green

While a morose crow kept staring at us.

At times we died loving

At times love died us living.


And I don’t know you tonight

I don’t wait, I don’t linger in my head

For I don’t know how it would have been

If there was You.


What touch of your lips, or clasp of your hand

Would resuscitate the souls gone mad?

4 comments:

Abin Chakraborty said...

the best that you have written so far...by a country mile.the last 2 lines were fabulous.there is an air of kamala das about it.truly remarkable poem.keep it up.

Neil said...

stained in thought...... will keep an eye on u....

http://blot-my-blues.blogspot.com/

Neil said...

where r u??? we want more....

DEEP said...

something in those lines made me hear a rain... and later see it on an unknown window.