The light was brighter
And the dreams had appeared more real
While I pictured in my head the happy days
The tower touching the firmament
The red rose we had found in the secret garden
The bright pole star,staring back at us
A time when I thought love was forever
While we trudged down the green dales
With dreams pouring out of eyes I moved
Or glided on a cloud,calling out to life
Wishes and hopes scattered here and there
I willingly set out for the vast unknown.
Now 8 years later I sit before the monitor
Typing, eh! striving to articulate my days and ways
Another sip from the cola can. And think! think you inside my head!
I left the radio on in the other room,maybe that is it
And the mobile beeps and blinks!
I hate those forwards they send me.
But what should I write in words today?
I visited the mall last evening,
I had met an old friend.
On Wednesday I went to a seminar
Got exposed to sublime thoughts.
And then back home I had some memories made of those moments.
These are all facts today, mere information
I have been consumed by a black hole
My words cannot beget poetry anymore
It's all over.
Monday, June 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
reminded of the dejection ode.this is one of those rare autobiographical flashes , i guess. may u find more and more words to pour out your thoughts. after all, our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.
Hi Pranmita,
Nice post.We at Onion Insights (onioninsights.blogspot.com) are always happy to come across bloggers like you. We are also glad to inform you that your writing skills can now be put to good use and you can make some extra money too. Sign up as a freelance Mystery Shopper - go to www.sassieshop.com/2eyp and select New Shopper Signup with Onion Insights - A Boutique Mystery Customer Experience Management firm and get paid for telling us your shopping or dining experience. You read correctly - you get paid for shopping!
For more details log on to www. onioninsights.blogspot.com, read our blog and give us a call on +919769781001 or shoot us an email at support @onioninsights.com. An OI Team Member will get in touch with you as soon as possible! There are many Mystery Shopping assignments available in Kolkata. Hoping to hear from you soon.
Warm Regards,
OI Team.
Post a Comment