Wednesday, April 22, 2009

STAIN OF MEMORY

Time! Time! Time!
Has exhausted my yesterdays
Tomorrow has arrived I just realised today
As if woken from a long slumber in a moving bus
I have been thrown into this day.
The world looks different
The bread, the road, the hand.

I met you before the conference hall today
We smiled. We glanced. We spoke
Of lost times, of dreams, of you and me
But we could not love. Why we could not love?
It's you and it's me! It's the same "us" that loved!
O! Time has changed, life is on the move,
We could not produce love in the appallingly forward Time.

1 comment:

Abin Chakraborty said...

reminded me of waiting for godot and the perplexing changes between two days where the same lucky and pozzo transform so drastically.i guess beckett is to u what eliot is for me.
appallingly forward time...very apt expression.