Thursday, July 3, 2008

THE NARCISSISTIC MODE

Well here I intend to blog something on the very act of blogging in a metablogging style. Yea! Initially it was indeed a happy thought to create a blog of my own. So I logged in through my Google account, created a blog ,formulated a url name, selected a template and bang! There was my very own web page. But much to my distress I found out that every other person on planet Earth owns a blog site of his/her own. I was scandalized to discover that people who can express, people who need to express, people who have no urge to express, and people who have nothing to express , all of them have a web page of their own which they decorate with great pride and care. One doesn't have to be Amitabh Bachchan necessarily to create a blog these days. Blogging is the modest way of practicing Narcissism. And it is even simpler than creating a Gmail or Yahoo id. All you have to do is just to exist.
After I finished creating my blog the very first thought I had was how candid can I get in here. I cannot act or rather I am not supposed to be my’self’ in here right! Devil knows what John or Mary or David would be visiting my blog, I cannot allow them to be witnesses to my inner strife and insecurities. An experienced blogger friend adviced that I should not post anything that I consider to be my masterpiece because one fine morning I might very well read my own work published under the name of Lulu Achebe and no! that is not my pen name or a pseudo name that I am are aware of.


In spite of all these, I do consider blogging an interesting practice and definitely an intellectual space to socialize. For this blogger is just another creature breathing on planet Earth who certainly does not want to miss out on all the free privileges that the discourse of Blogging offers.
Viva la Blogging!

STATUTORY WARNING:- Not directed at any of my blogger friends…I prize their Narcissism as I do mine ;)

No comments: