Saturday, December 20, 2008

WORDS

But if I tell you,would you get me?
Silence speaks to me
The bright eyed boy looks through me
It was on a day when I believed in light
When men did not have to unpack their hearts
With words words words and more words.
And Timmy and Jhonny do not go out to play anymore
I had been to the park,met none but a lonely dog.
What did infest their lives?
The cat,the rat,the termite or the Time?

3 comments:

Abin Chakraborty said...

the last line was a killer!we are all so awar of the instability of words that they do seem so unreliable now.but why timmy and jhonny?some of your poems remind me of kamala das/ eunice de souza.similarity of themes.

thanx for the comments.
keep writing,keep reading.

shuchisoman said...

liked this one. esp the conclusion..where can i read the much-promised short stories authored by you? (*anticipation!!*) :)

Ostrobogulous said...

words, words ,words.......loved this line.....reminds me of Hamlet...!!